JANESVILLE, Wis. (WTVO) — A Janesville Police Officer shot a man armed with a knife after the suspect crashed his car near the intersection of HWY 14 and I-39/I-90 Thursday afternoon, according to police.
Police said at 2:45 p.m, officers were dispatched to a traffic accident. According to police, a male suspect exited the vehicle and armed himself with a knife.
During the attempt to take the suspect into custody, a Janesville officer opened fire.
The suspect was taken to the hospital and is expected to survive, police said in a news release.
A Janesville officer is also said to be injured, but police did not detail the extent of their injuries.
Police say US HWY 14/Humes Road will be closed for several hours between N. Pontiac Dr. and Deerfield Drive for several hours.
- Cardboard cutouts pose as guests for wedding amid COVID-19
- ‘I’m ready to save grown-ups’: Lurie Children’s Hospital loans ventilators
- Coronavirus forces Ohio dairy farmers to dump milk while grocers limit purchase quantities
- Car flips and catches fire in downtown Rockford
- New data shows peoples’ cell phone habits are changing