JANESVILLE, Wis. (WTVO) — A stand-off with Janesville police officers ended after a man set his house on fire. Early Monday morning around 3:15 a.m., officers were called to Cherry Street near McKinley Street.
When police got to the scene, they say a 57-year-old man identified as Ray Gross, allegedly appeared outside with a knife before running back inside the house.
According to investigators, Gross started a fire in one of the bedrooms. As smoke filled the home, the man came out of the house and was arrested. Gross faces charges including Arson and Criminal Damage to Property.
- Rivets held to one hit on an opening night loss to the La Crosse Loggers
- Health officials hope people are thoughtful about virus risks ahead of July 4th weekend
- Tips for AC units that could save you big time
- Frequent bus passenger buys ice cream for RMTD workers
- Rockford Art Museum to re-open on Monday