ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford’s Kennedy Middle School was placed on lockdown Friday afternoon while police investigated reports of a weapon in the building.
The Rockford Public School District says no weapon was recovered during the investigation of the school, located at 520 N Pierpont Avenue, and the lockdown was lifted shortly afterwards.
No teachers or students were harmed.
- AMA calls for total ban on all e-cigarette, vaping products
- Vet: Dog likely chewed off leg to escape chain; owner arrested
- Winnebago County Public Works Committee talks salt prices
- As Epstein died, guards allegedly shopped online and slept
- Woman saves koala from brushfires