ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford’s Kennedy Middle School was placed on lockdown Friday afternoon while police investigated reports of a weapon in the building.
The Rockford Public School District says no weapon was recovered during the investigation of the school, located at 520 N Pierpont Avenue, and the lockdown was lifted shortly afterwards.
No teachers or students were harmed.
- President Trump, Ivanka made donations to Harris’s campaign in 2014
- Rockford man sentenced to 60 years for raping, transmitting HIV to child
- Thrive Cafe to close downtown Rockford location
- Watch: Phoenix Suns surprise players by having families announce lineup from home
- Rockford residents spend Tuesday cleaning up after devastating storm