ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Several state Republicans, along with Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-16th Dist.) sent a letter to Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker on Thursday urging him to reopen the state’s economy.
The lawmakers say that reopening businesses is crucial, and argued that a blanket reopening will not work.
At his daily briefing, Gov. Pritzker said the state needs to see COVID-19 case numbers drop for 14 straight days before a reopening can be considered.
- 3 additional local businesses ordered to close for defying Gov. Pritzker’s COVID-19 executive order
- Bitter Cold Morning, Highs Briefly Warm Up Ahead of Late-Week Cooldown
- Watch Live: Twitter, Facebook, Google CEOs testify on social media protections amid censorship claims
- Rockton kid’s ‘Freedom Flapper’ mullet comes in 2nd best in U.S.A.
- ‘I needed to say something before I could move on’: Chrissy Teigen posts heartbreaking essay about pregnancy loss