ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A Rockford Police officer was injured in a car crash during a high speed pursuit early Wednesday morning.
According to police, around 1:50 a.m., officers tried to stop a car in the area of Kishwaukee and Behr Blvd in reference to an earlier shooting incident.
During the pursuit, an officer crashed near the corner of 3rd and E. State Street and was taken to a local hospital for non-life threatening injuries.
- Rock River Valley Blood Center facing blood shortage once again
- Rockford leaders meet with activists to discuss desired qualities for open Fire, Police Chief positions
- Local doctors encourage hesitant parents to get their kids vaccinated for COVID-19
- Accused Dixon school shooter back in court, deemed unfit for trial once again
- Biden administration cancels expansion of biometric requirements for those seeking citizenship