ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A large portion of Rockford is under a Boil Order on Monday after a large water main break.
According to city officials, the West Hydraulic Pressure Zone experienced a drop in pressure due to the break, which has since been repaired.
Under the Boil Order, residents should boil their tap water for one full minute prior to drinking or cooking.
Rockford Water is flushing the impacted areas and collecting samples, the City said Monday.
The Boil Order is expected to last 24 hours. For questions, please contact the City’s Water Quality Section at 779-348-7151.
- Trump pledges $500B to black communities; designates KKK, Antifa as ‘terrorist organizations’
- Breonna Taylor’s family want release of grand jury transcripts; Louisville mayor calls for peaceful protests
- Suspect in shooting of 2 Louisville officers will face charges of assault, wanton endangerment
- Video released of alleged kidnapping attempt in Costco parking lot
- First man cured of HIV infection now has terminal cancer