LEE COUNTY, Ill. (WTVO) — More businesses will be able to apply for flooding relief under a new federal program.
Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzker announced Monday that the federal government had approved his request to add Lee County to the state’s existing disaster declaration.
This will allow governments, non-profits, and churches in Lee County to apply for federal grants or loans.
Illinois Emergency Management estimates that Lee County lost nearly $400,000 from the severe storms and flooding this past Spring.
Under the new program, they can be reimbursed for up to 75 percent of costs.
- LIVE: Gov. Pritzker announces new COVID-19 guidelines for Illinois
- RPS reveals survey data, along with other back-to-school updates
- Stimulus check update: Trump, McConnell huddle as COVID aid talks at risk of collapse
- President Trump signs executive orders to ban TikTok, WeChat in 45 days
- Freeport city leaders open their ears to residents on ways to improve relationships with the community