CHICAGO, Ill. (WTVO) — Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker said stricter mitigation efforts in the Region 4 Metro East area will continue as that region continues to see an “exceedingly high” COVID-19 infection rate.
Pritzker implemented enhanced protocols on the St. Louis-area after its 7-day rolling testing positivity rate exceeded the state’s minimum of 8%. The governor said the current positivity rate there is 10.1%.
Region 7, Will and Kankakee counties, were placed on the same stricter measures on August 19th, and is currently experiencing a downward turn, at 7.5%.
Two weeks ago, Pritzker said of the 11 Illinois regions, 9 were seeing increases. As of today, the governor said 7 were seeing a slight decrease, while 3 were increasing.
- Dixon DHS worker charged with abuse of a disabled patient
- ‘Cake Boss’ star’s right hand impaled in ‘terrible’ bowling accident
- Illinois reports 2,257 new cases of COVID-19 Thursday, 30 deaths overnight
- Updated list: Rockford-area schools with confirmed COVID-19 cases
- Stimulus checks: Mark Cuban pushes for $1,000 payments every 2 weeks