OREGON, Ill. (WTVO) — A search for two men whose boat capsized in the Rock River has entered its second day, as multiple police and fire agencies are conducting a recovery operation in Oregon.
At 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, the Ogle County Sheriff received a report from a fisherman of a boat capsized in the water.
Officials say a boat trailer was found at Castle Rock State Park boat launch off Route 2.
Police confirmed they are searching for two men, using divers, drones and boats.
Police say the boat may have got too close to the Oregon Dam and been pulled under.
The search was suspended Wednesday night and resumed Thursday morning.
Based on weather conditions forecast for Friday, officials plan to bring in divers to work into the night Thursday, to search two areas of interest which were identified via sonar imaging.
- Quenneville Strikes Twice as Hogs Sweep Season Series Against Marlies
- Light Snow Expected Sunday Night, Heaviest Remains South
- Jones scores twice, Packers complete season sweep of Bears
- Forward Hakkarainen Reassigned To Rockford
- John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John reunite as characters from ‘Grease’