OREGON, Ill. (WTVO) — A search for two men whose boat capsized in the Rock River has entered its second day, as multiple police and fire agencies are conducting a recovery operation in Oregon.
At 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, the Ogle County Sheriff received a report from a fisherman of a boat capsized in the water.
Officials say a boat trailer was found at Castle Rock State Park boat launch off Route 2.
Police confirmed they are searching for two men, using divers, drones and boats.
Police say the boat may have got too close to the Oregon Dam and been pulled under.
The search was suspended Wednesday night and resumed Thursday morning.
Based on weather conditions forecast for Friday, officials plan to bring in divers to work into the night Thursday, to search two areas of interest which were identified via sonar imaging.
- Protestors, police clash again at Rockford City Market
- Man taken to hospital after motorcycle crash in Rockford
- One person shot at Rockford bar
- Winnebago Co. school administrators address back to school plans
- Overwhelming response to boy’s search for a family, ‘I hope one of y’all pick me’