ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A man in his 60’s has died in Winnebago County, and there are 5 new cases as of Tuesday, Winnebago health officials announced.
“We will take the fight against COVID-19 personally after today,” said Winnebago County Board Chairman Frank Haney.
“Today is certainly one of the toughest days in our battle with COVID-19,” said Rockford Mayor Tom McNamara
There have been 3 COVID-19 related deaths, in Winnebago, Whiteside and Carroll counties, said Dr. Sandra Martell, director of the Winnebago County Health Department.
So far, 741 Winnebago County residents have been tested for coronavirus.
- Boylan teacher earns first Don Zimmerman Golden Apple Scholarship
- Stateline salons and tattoo shops reopen under Phase 3 of Restore Illinois
- Uniform worn by Tom Hanks in ‘A League of Their Own’ being auctioned
- Local restaurants and bars welcome customers back with outdoor dining
- Cooler, but Dry, this Weekend