ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A local event helps students become better prepared for college.
The Rockford Art Museum hosted 18 different Midwest colleges for the Portfolio Day Art College Fair.
The fair connects students interested in collegiate art programs with representatives from various schools.
It also allows students to learn about the admission process, and to get feedback on their portfolio’s.
The event was for juniors and seniors in high school, along with undergraduates.
“It’s really rare that you get such a wide variety of art schools and universities with art programs in one place to really get that feed back and that information from,” said Rockford Art Museum Education and Engagement Manager, Kelsey Stiles. “So, having everyone come here gives them the opportunity to talk to a multitude of people all at one time.”
This was the 15th annual Portfolio Day Art College Fair.
- Quenneville Strikes Twice as Hogs Sweep Season Series Against Marlies
- Light Snow Expected Sunday Night, Heaviest Remains South
- Jones scores twice, Packers complete season sweep of Bears
- Forward Hakkarainen Reassigned To Rockford
- John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John reunite as characters from ‘Grease’