ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A Stateline church community works on its plan for a large mural.
Second First Church hosted the final of three workshops this evening.
This time kids got the chance to weigh in on what the mural should look like.
The church has raised $30,000 for the painting.
Artist Tia Richardson hopes the work will bring with it a vision for the future.
“What it can do is show the collective psyche of the city as a whole, by each person bringing their piece to it, like an ingredient,” Richardson said. “The biggest symbol, I think, the mural will remind us of is our common good, as people.”
Richardson is hopeful the project will begin in the next few weeks.
- OSF receives greenlight to give new treatment to COVID-19 patients
- Winnebago County Sheriff hosts ‘Fill the Bus’ gift drive on Saturday
- Building trades organization opposes closure of Byron nuclear plant
- Federal judge orders DHS to restore DACA, open new applications
- Machesney Park Lowe’s employee is alive today thanks to his co-worker