ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Local colleges have received federal funding to help them through the outbreak.
Local leaders say more than $3.2 million was given to Rock Valley College in Rockford, and $900,000 to Highland Community College in Freeport.
The money comes from the CARES Act, and is designed to help the institutions make up for lost revenue.
At least half of the money will be used on emergency financial aid for students.
- Illinois reports 2,514 new COVID-19 cases Friday, 25 deaths
- Billionaire Diane Hendricks, 3 others, resign from Beloit College board
- NewsNation/Emerson poll: Biden has slight lead over President Trump
- One of last living Tuskegee Airmen celebrates 102nd birthday
- Stimulus check update: Democrats prepare $2.4T virus relief measure