ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Rockford ProAm made a donation to the YMCA of Rock River Valley.
The “Y” has programs for kids and families involved in foster care.
On average, there about 1,200 children in foster care in Winnebago County, every day.
YMCA leaders say this helps kids gain confidence and gives them a sense of belonging.
“Because many times from bouncing around from home to home a child may not learn how to swim, or they may not have the opportunity to have a guitar lesson, or to play basketball,” said YMCA of Rock River Valley CEO, Brent Petenburg. “Whatever that may be. The “Y” really wants to step in and make sure that the children have access to those programs.”
The Rockford ProAm donated $40,000 to the YMCA.
- ‘Ant-Man,’ ‘Creed III’ star Jonathan Majors arrested, charged with assault
- Cuban migrants land in Florida airport in hang glider
- Nicholas Lloyd Webber, son of famed composer, dies at 43
- Why Hawaii might release millions of mosquitos in Maui
- Florida babysitter accused of putting lit marijuana cigarette in 1 year-old’s mouth: deputies
For more local news, download the MyStateline app (iOS) or (Android).
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram!