ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Rockford ProAm made a donation to the YMCA of Rock River Valley.
The “Y” has programs for kids and families involved in foster care.
On average, there about 1,200 children in foster care in Winnebago County, every day.
YMCA leaders say this helps kids gain confidence and gives them a sense of belonging.
“Because many times from bouncing around from home to home a child may not learn how to swim, or they may not have the opportunity to have a guitar lesson, or to play basketball,” said YMCA of Rock River Valley CEO, Brent Petenburg. “Whatever that may be. The “Y” really wants to step in and make sure that the children have access to those programs.”
The Rockford ProAm donated $40,000 to the YMCA.
- Rockford police investigate overnight fatal shooting; one person dead
- Temperatures tumble Friday morning
- Winnebago County nursing home to accept residents from other counties
- Man behind murder at Machesney Park bar found guilty by jury
- Strong thunderstorms and heavy rain possible for some Thursday night