ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Rockford ProAm made a donation to the YMCA of Rock River Valley.
The “Y” has programs for kids and families involved in foster care.
On average, there about 1,200 children in foster care in Winnebago County, every day.
YMCA leaders say this helps kids gain confidence and gives them a sense of belonging.
“Because many times from bouncing around from home to home a child may not learn how to swim, or they may not have the opportunity to have a guitar lesson, or to play basketball,” said YMCA of Rock River Valley CEO, Brent Petenburg. “Whatever that may be. The “Y” really wants to step in and make sure that the children have access to those programs.”
The Rockford ProAm donated $40,000 to the YMCA.
- McDonald’s manager allegedly quits mid-shift, informs customers via sign posted in drive-thru lane
- Video: Young children caught between masked gunman, victim nearly shot on New York sidewalk
- WHO accused of sexism for suggesting women of ‘childbearing age’ shouldn’t drink
- Wary Rockton residents return home for first time since Monday’s Chemtool plant fire
- Pritzker signs bill to make mail-in voting permanent in Illinois