ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Rockford ProAm made a donation to the YMCA of Rock River Valley.
The “Y” has programs for kids and families involved in foster care.
On average, there about 1,200 children in foster care in Winnebago County, every day.
YMCA leaders say this helps kids gain confidence and gives them a sense of belonging.
“Because many times from bouncing around from home to home a child may not learn how to swim, or they may not have the opportunity to have a guitar lesson, or to play basketball,” said YMCA of Rock River Valley CEO, Brent Petenburg. “Whatever that may be. The “Y” really wants to step in and make sure that the children have access to those programs.”
The Rockford ProAm donated $40,000 to the YMCA.
- Republicans: IL Democrats’ proposed congressional maps ‘a complete joke’
- Will ‘Media Literacy’ classes help protect Illinois school children?
- Medicare open enrollment begins for Americans
- Rockford man charged with killing Madison man over dice game loss
- Stellantis offers Belvidere Assembly Plant employees option to relocate, quit, or be fired