ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) –A local restaurant Josef Barbados gave out free tacos to veterans and current military members.
The restaurant, located at 6860 Spring Creek Road in Rockford, set up shop in a food truck in the parking lot. Wealth Management Group Nine-Point Advisers helped make the day possible.
The owner said that it was a great way to be able to give back during a stressful time.
“It feels nice to give people reason to get out of the house as well. Starting to feel cooped up, we’ve all been in for awhile. So, you can kind of drive up, order your tacos, sit in your car, and sort of make a day of it,” explained owner Laura Renoir.
- Rockford church gives students a quiet place (and free Wifi) to work on e-learning claswork
- Central Illinois workers rescued after being trapped on malfunctioning scaffolding 200 feet in air
- Local police warn of more scam calls—what to be aware of
- Protests break out in Louisville and across the country after Breonna Taylor case announcement
- 2 officers shot in Louisville during protests, expected to recover