ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A local college helps students learn more about careers in public safety.
Rock Valley College held an open house on Tuesday.
Area law enforcement agencies and security and cyber-security employers set up shop in the RVC Student Center Atrium.
The event allowed students to network with employers.
RVC helped students discover what classes the college offers in those fields.
Students said it’s giving them some vital knowledge.
“It’s pretty helpful because I mean obviously you have people who have gone down the career path here and you have everything else you need to know or like stuff that you didn’t even know like the history and psychology,” said RVC student, Robert Chow. “You get their actual opinions and you get a lot of first hand experience just from being here that you would never know.”
Employers also took part in a panel to answer any question students might have.
- Freeport city leads open their ears to residents on ways to improve relationships with the community
- Rockford man charged with Attempted Murder after roommate dispute turns violent
- Fans won’t be allowed at the Packers first two home games
- First Sign of Rain Could Come As Early as Saturday Morning
- Rockford parents choosing private school for full-time in-person learning