ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A local college helps students learn more about careers in public safety.
Rock Valley College held an open house on Tuesday.
Area law enforcement agencies and security and cyber-security employers set up shop in the RVC Student Center Atrium.
The event allowed students to network with employers.
RVC helped students discover what classes the college offers in those fields.
Students said it’s giving them some vital knowledge.
“It’s pretty helpful because I mean obviously you have people who have gone down the career path here and you have everything else you need to know or like stuff that you didn’t even know like the history and psychology,” said RVC student, Robert Chow. “You get their actual opinions and you get a lot of first hand experience just from being here that you would never know.”
Employers also took part in a panel to answer any question students might have.
- Patchy Freezing Drizzle and Light Flurries Possible Early Tuesday
- Rockford coaches have respect, admiration for Kobe Bryant
- Illinois to spend $4.1 million to halt opioid deaths
- Harlem School District residents could get property tax relief thanks to state grant
- Rick Ciganek sworn in as Winnebago County’s Chief Deputy