MACHESNEY PARK, Ill. (WTVO) — Local students who look to become future soldiers took a big step today.
Three students at Harlem High School took the Oath of Enlistment led by a US Army Astronaut who was in space.
US Army Colonel and NASA astronaut Andrew Morgan led the first ever nationwide live oath of enlistment Ceremony from the International Space Station.
Local students joined more than 900 recruits across the country taking the oath.
Harlem students say they’re looking forward to serving our country.
- Freeport city leads open their ears to residents on ways to improve relationships with the community
- Rockford man charged with Attempted Murder after roommate dispute turns violent
- Fans won’t be allowed at the Packers first two home games
- First Sign of Rain Could Come As Early as Saturday Morning
- Rockford parents choosing private school for full-time in-person learning