MACHESNEY PARK, Ill. (WTVO) — Local students who look to become future soldiers took a big step today.
Three students at Harlem High School took the Oath of Enlistment led by a US Army Astronaut who was in space.
US Army Colonel and NASA astronaut Andrew Morgan led the first ever nationwide live oath of enlistment Ceremony from the International Space Station.
Local students joined more than 900 recruits across the country taking the oath.
Harlem students say they’re looking forward to serving our country.
- Rockford non-profit holds fundraiser for kids too old for Make-A-Wish
- Local environmentalists fight to save prairie at Chicago Rockford International Airport
- Drought conditions worsen across northern Illinois
- Rock House Kids holds fundraiser to expand reach and facilities
- Crash on Alpine closes down road