MACHESNEY PARK, Ill. (WTVO) — Local students who look to become future soldiers took a big step today.
Three students at Harlem High School took the Oath of Enlistment led by a US Army Astronaut who was in space.
US Army Colonel and NASA astronaut Andrew Morgan led the first ever nationwide live oath of enlistment Ceremony from the International Space Station.
Local students joined more than 900 recruits across the country taking the oath.
Harlem students say they’re looking forward to serving our country.
- Lowe’s will close stores Easter Sunday to give employees ‘much-deserved day off’
- Disney shares Dole Whip, other recipes while parks closed
- Family of Chicago 911 call center employee mourning after he died from COVID-19
- Wind Whipped Snow Squalls Thursday Afternoon and Evening
- Woman accused of licking $1,800 worth of items at California grocery store arrested on felony charge