SOUTH BELOIT, Ill. (WTVO) — If you’re a fan of drinking wine, there’s a fest for you to give a helping hand, or helping foot in making wine.
Instead of rolling up their sleeves, people pulled up their pant legs kicked off their shoes and hopped in a bucket of grapes for DC Estate Winery’s Annual Grape Stomp.
Bottles of already made wine were stocked and ready to be sold along with other goodies.
But it’s the annual stomp that brings people by the dozens out of the winter, with the fest growing each year.
Ashley Bingham says they get a little help from the classic I Love Lucy episode, where she hops in and hops around a giant vat of the fruit, making funny faces with each step.
“Each year we get it a little bigger. This year we actually her 4 food vendors joining us, last year we had two,” Bingham said. “People enjoy it, they want to stomp grapes like Lucy stomped grapes to that’s just a big draw for us.”
This was the fifth year DC Estate Winery has let people stomp their grapes.
- Celebrate National “Make a Dog’s Day” with Subaru
- The Arc discusses voting with a disability for Election Day
- Welcome to Good Day Stateline 10/18/2020
- Kirstie Alley defends Trump vote, responds to ‘nasty people’
- Indiana man admits to pushing toddler down stairs after argument over food, court docs show