LOVES PARK, Ill. (WTVO) — Loves Park leaders approved a land swap.
The city now owns a strip of land at Starwood Drive near Costco.
In exchange it gave a much bigger plot to Spring Creek Development Group.
The city tells us Spring Creek will use that to build more retail space, and thus, bring in more sales tax revenue.
Costco, Casey’s and three manufacturers have moved in.
- Craigslist ad goes viral, sparks search for ‘Grandma’ in need of family for Christmas
- Remembering Sandy Hook victims 7 years later
- Two state workers involved in A.J. Freund case no longer work for DCFS
- Woman killed crossing Illinois interstate to reach family
- Woman arrested in Roscoe for sexual abuse to a minor