LOVES PARK, Ill. (WTVO) — Loves Park leaders approved a land swap.
The city now owns a strip of land at Starwood Drive near Costco.
In exchange it gave a much bigger plot to Spring Creek Development Group.
The city tells us Spring Creek will use that to build more retail space, and thus, bring in more sales tax revenue.
Costco, Casey’s and three manufacturers have moved in.
- Rockford coaches have respect, admiration for Kobe Bryant
- Illinois to spend $4.1 million to halt opioid deaths
- Harlem School District residents could get property tax relief thanks to state grant
- Rick Ciganek sworn in as Winnebago County’s Chief Deputy
- Aviation experts suspect Bryant’s pilot got lost in the fog