LOVES PARK, Ill. (WTVO) — Loves Park leaders approved a land swap.
The city now owns a strip of land at Starwood Drive near Costco.
In exchange it gave a much bigger plot to Spring Creek Development Group.
The city tells us Spring Creek will use that to build more retail space, and thus, bring in more sales tax revenue.
Costco, Casey’s and three manufacturers have moved in.
- Ohio police department asks public not to overwhelm dispatch with mask complaints
- Officer told George Floyd: ‘It takes … a lot of oxygen to talk’
- Supreme Court expected to rule on Trump’s tax records today
- ‘Glee’ star Naya Rivera missing, presumed dead after 4-year-old son found adrift on boat in Southern California lake
- As other states’ COVID-19 cases spike health experts say Illinois’ future is in your hands