LOVES PARK, Ill. (WTVO) — Two Loves Park Police officers’ squad cars were damaged, and two officers taken for treatment, after a driver smashed into one of the cars during a traffic stop.
Around 11:00 a.m. Wednesday, witnesses say a pair of officers were assisting a car which was in the process of being towed, at Forest Hills and Windsor Road, when the driver of a gold and tan car crashed into one of the squad cars, sending it into the other.
Both officers were taken to the hospital. There has been no update on their condition.
The car’s driver was given a field sobriety test and was transported from the scene by police.
- Students react to hours long lockdown at Belvidere schools
- Arnold putting his imprint on the J-Hawks
- Finally: $14.7 million dollars from the state provides long-awaited financial support to Rockford’s airport
- Stockton hasn’t had a losing season since 2010, and that shouldn’t change this year
- Part of I-90 renamed in honor of slain McHenry County deputy Jacob Keltner