MOORESVILLE, N.C. – Lowes announced on Tuesday that the company will be closing all stores and disribution centers on Easter Sunday, April 12th.
“Our ability to support communities with essential goods and services during this pandemic is thanks to our outstanding, dedicated associates,” said Marvin Ellison, Lowe’s president and CEO. “We want to provide our teams with a much-deserved day off to spend Easter Sunday with their families and loved ones and recharge. We will take steps to ensure that no hourly associate loses scheduled hours or has a reduction in pay as a result of closing on Sunday. I want to personally thank our 300,000 associates who have helped families stay safely at home. Their actions are nothing short of heroic.”
Lowes also recently announced temporary wage increases for its hourly employees through the month of April.
- Democratic governors reject Trump’s call to send in military
- Boxer Floyd Mayweather to pay for George Floyd’s funeral
- Violence continues as Trump threatens military force against protesters nationwide
- Officer shot in the head in Las Vegas on life support
- Carole Baskin awarded zoo once owned by ‘Tiger King’ Joe Exotic