ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 34-year-old David Baney, of Machesney Park, admitted to robbing a Chase Bank in 2018 and a Mobil gas station the same day.
According to the U.S. Department of Justice, Baney walked into the Chase Bank, at 7997 N. Alpine Road, in Loves Park, on January 11th, 2018, wearing a mask. He approached the teller and pointed a gun at a bank employee and bank customer, and demanded money.
Officials say Baney stole $24,402 from the bank, and then later the same day robbed the Kelley’s Market/Mobil gas station at 8200 N. Second Street, forcing an employee to hand over $170 in cash.
Baney faces up to 20 years in prison for each charge of armed robbery, robbery, and a potential life sentence for using and carrying a firearm during a crime of violence.
Each charge also carries a fine of up to $250,000, as well as restitution.
Sentencing is set for April 6th.
- LIVE: Biden to elevate role of science with cabinet picks
- Trump administration carries out 13th and final execution
- Protests demand Ted Cruz’s resignation at senator’s Houston office
- Rock County man arrested for 7th OWI
- More than 30 lawmakers call for investigation into ‘suspicious’ access to Capitol Complex ahead of breach