MACHESNEY PARK, Ill. (WTVO) — 33-year-old John Wayne Stedman was arrested Monday on charges of criminal sexual abuse of a child under 13.
According to court records, on multiple occasions between November 2018 and May 2019, Stedman allegedly molested an underage girl, both in a home in Machesney Park and another home in Rockford.
Stedman was also charged with Failure to Register as a Sex Offender in Machesney Park, where he lives.
Police say he was previously convicted of failure to register in 2014.
Stedman also faces charges of aggravated fleeing police, driving on a revoked license, reckless driving, failure to notify of damage to an unattended vehicle, and possession of cannabis.
He was booked into the Winnebago County Jail on Tuesday, December 3rd, and is being held on a $15,000 bond.
- Craigslist ad goes viral, sparks search for ‘Grandma’ in need of family for Christmas
- Remembering Sandy Hook victims 7 years later
- Two state workers involved in A.J. Freund case no longer work for DCFS
- Woman killed crossing Illinois interstate to reach family
- Woman arrested in Roscoe for sexual abuse to a minor