MACHESNEY PARK, Ill. (WTVO) — 33-year-old John Wayne Stedman was arrested Monday on charges of criminal sexual abuse of a child under 13.
According to court records, on multiple occasions between November 2018 and May 2019, Stedman allegedly molested an underage girl, both in a home in Machesney Park and another home in Rockford.
Stedman was also charged with Failure to Register as a Sex Offender in Machesney Park, where he lives.
Police say he was previously convicted of failure to register in 2014.
Stedman also faces charges of aggravated fleeing police, driving on a revoked license, reckless driving, failure to notify of damage to an unattended vehicle, and possession of cannabis.
He was booked into the Winnebago County Jail on Tuesday, December 3rd, and is being held on a $15,000 bond.
- Paroled killer arrested for failure to register with Freeport Police
- Kobe Bryant’s helicopter was previously owned by the State of Illinois
- ‘Number 24 will never again be worn by a Dallas Maverick,’ owner Mark Cuban says after Kobe Bryant’s death
- Democrats demand Bolton testify at Trump’s impeachment trial
- Bryant’s helicopter flew in fog that grounded other choppers