MACHESNEY PARK, Ill. (WTVO) — 33-year-old John Wayne Stedman was arrested Monday on charges of criminal sexual abuse of a child under 13.
According to court records, on multiple occasions between November 2018 and May 2019, Stedman allegedly molested an underage girl, both in a home in Machesney Park and another home in Rockford.
Stedman was also charged with Failure to Register as a Sex Offender in Machesney Park, where he lives.
Police say he was previously convicted of failure to register in 2014.
Stedman also faces charges of aggravated fleeing police, driving on a revoked license, reckless driving, failure to notify of damage to an unattended vehicle, and possession of cannabis.
He was booked into the Winnebago County Jail on Tuesday, December 3rd, and is being held on a $15,000 bond.
- Scattered showers continue into Wednesday
- 9 charged after McCloskey confrontation won’t be prosecuted
- Dolly Parton announces release date for Netflix Christmas movie
- Will Trump say ‘fake news’ or ‘China’ more?: Sportsbooks offer bets for presidential debate
- Local expert, undecided voters weigh in on impact of first presidential debate