ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Six Flags announced that it will be renaming Magic Waters as “Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Rockford” and adding a new tailspin waterslide called “Tidal Wave”.
Six Flags says the park will feature the Midwest’s first tailspin waterslide, the “Tidal Wave”, which will send riders rushing through three high-speed turns in a two-person inner tube. The park will also receive major upgrades and extensive tropical theming throughout the 30-acre property.
According to a press release, “Tidal Wave, along with Tsunami Surge at sister park Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor in Gurnee, Ill. will feature new, AquaLucent visual effects that create mind-blowing bursts of colors and dreamlike patterns, intensifying the ride experience.”
The name change and new waterslide are set to debut when the park opens for the 2020 season.
- Nagy, Bears name Trubisky starter for Sunday against Packers
- Illinois, Ohio State cancel game following positive COVID-19 tests
- How to get “Custom Made” during COVID? Support Small Business Saturday.
- Santa Claus has arrived at CherryVale Mall
- Nicholas Conservatory’s luminary event honors local lives lost in 2020