ROSCOE, Ill. (WTVO) — 37-year-old Ariel Zmijewski has been indicted on charges that he took $4,200 from Roscoe homeowners to conduct home repairs and then never did the work.
The Roscoe Police Department says they received a complaint on September 23rd, that a check written to Zmijewski had been cashed, but repairs never performed on their home.
Zmijewski is the owner of G F Company in Belvidere.
Zmijewski has been charged with Theft by Deception and faces up to 5 years in prison if found guilty.
He is scheduled to appear in court on January 23rd.
- Rockford woman fights off attacker, police investigating
- One person hospitalized in Rockford house fire
- Auburn Lady Knights’ season comes to an end
- Boylan’s season, Kennedy’s high school career end
- Sycamore advances to Sectional championship game