ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 20-year-old Dawson Ranz was arrested Wednesday after he allegedly pointed a BB gun at an off-duty Rockford Patrol Officer.
According to police, the officer was walking near West State Street and South Court Street shortly after 1 p.m., following a court appearance. The officer, who was in full dress uniform, said he saw the driver of a gray vehicle point a gun at him before continuing south on Church Street.
Rockford Police say they stopped the vehicle in the 8300 block of Spring Brook Road and recovered a BB gun and a box of ammunition from Ranz’s car.
Ranz was charged with Aggravated Assault to a Police Officer, Unlawful Use of Weapons, and No FOID.
He was taken to the Winnebago County Jail.
- Protestors, police clash again at Rockford City Market
- Man taken to hospital after motorcycle crash in Rockford
- One person shot at Rockford bar
- Winnebago Co. school administrators address back to school plans
- Overwhelming response to boy’s search for a family, ‘I hope one of y’all pick me’