ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 20-year-old Dawson Ranz was arrested Wednesday after he allegedly pointed a BB gun at an off-duty Rockford Patrol Officer.
According to police, the officer was walking near West State Street and South Court Street shortly after 1 p.m., following a court appearance. The officer, who was in full dress uniform, said he saw the driver of a gray vehicle point a gun at him before continuing south on Church Street.
Rockford Police say they stopped the vehicle in the 8300 block of Spring Brook Road and recovered a BB gun and a box of ammunition from Ranz’s car.
Ranz was charged with Aggravated Assault to a Police Officer, Unlawful Use of Weapons, and No FOID.
He was taken to the Winnebago County Jail.
- Quenneville Strikes Twice as Hogs Sweep Season Series Against Marlies
- Light Snow Expected Sunday Night, Heaviest Remains South
- Jones scores twice, Packers complete season sweep of Bears
- Forward Hakkarainen Reassigned To Rockford
- John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John reunite as characters from ‘Grease’