ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Around 10:45 p.m. on Friday, Rockford Fire crews responded to a structure fire at the Forest City Tennis Club, located at 255 South Lyford Road.
No one was injured, and the structure was vacant at the time of the fire, according to the fire department.
On Saturday, authorities announced charges against Jacob Lee Wilson in connection to the incident.
Wilson, 42, is charged with Criminal Damage to Property and Criminal Trespass. Wilson is being held at the Winnebago County Justice Center.
Illinois State Police, Rockford Public Works and other City Departments assisted in the investigation.
- In Olympic first, men, women swim together in wild medley
- Jamaica’s Elaine Thompson-Herah breaks Flo-Jo’s 33-year record at Tokyo Olympics
- ‘For me, the war is over’: Veteran meets daughter he left behind in Vietnam 50 years ago
- Mississippi man encourages others to get vaccinated after losing leg to COVID-19
- Unassuming home selling with entire ‘authentic 1800s Western town’ in backyard