ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 23-year-old Nelson Brown has been charged in connection with a shooting in Rockford’s Rolling Green neighborhood in which a man was killed and a woman injured.
Rockford Police said 24-year-old Vincent Holland was shot around 1:15 a.m. on June 27th. When officers responded to the scene, at 3300 California Road, they found Holland in the driveway.
He was taken to the hospital for his injuries, but police say he later died.
Police say a short time later, a woman, Shanice Tolliver, was dropped off at a local hospital, also suffering a gunshot wound.
Officers determined she was shot at the same location as the man.
Nelson has been charged with Tolliver’s Attempted Murder, Aggravated Battery with a Firearm and Aggravated Discharge of a Firearm.
Authorities did not charge Nelson with Holland’s murder, but said the investigation is ongoing.
Nelson was already in custody at the Winnebago County Jail on an unrelated charge, police said.
He is being held on a $1 million bond.
- Trump cuts US ties with World Health Organization
- Police, experts condemn knee restraint used on George Floyd
- UW Whitewater plans for return of students to campus this fall
- LIVE: Gov. Pritzker holds daily Illinois coronavirus briefing for Friday, May 29th
- Fired police officer Derek Chauvin charged with murder in George Floyd’s death