ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Donterrius Barnett, 35, has been charged with First Degree Murder in the shooting death of 16-year-old Jamie Rogers on June 14th, 2017.
Police found Rogers suffering from a gunshot wound in the 900 block of Kent around 7:49 a.m. that morning.
Barnett is charged with First Degree Murder and faces up to life in prison. He is currently in custody in Dade County, Florida on unrelated charges.
- Rockford Police investigate Auburn St. shooting
- Rockford teens charged after police find loaded gun in car
- After disaster declaration, Ogle County officials say storm damage is like nothing they’ve ever seen
- Rockford house fire possibly caused by severe weather, officials say
- VP Pence tweets “America needs College Football”