ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A Winnebago County Jury found 36-year-old Devin Stevenson not guilty of killing 31-year-old DeKalb man, Ricky Smith, in the CherryVale Mall parking lot in 2018.
Around 4 p.m. on February 21st, 2018, Smith was shot and killed while driving in the mall’s parking lot.
When police arrived, they found a vehicle that had crashed into a light pole on South Mall Drive. Smith was inside the vehicle, suffering from a gunshot wound.
Stevenson was charged with First Degree Murder, Aggravated Discharge of a Firearm, and Unlawful Possession of a Weapon by a Felon.
- Local agencies celebrate ‘Police Memorial Week’ at CherryVale Mall
- California man with kitchen knives chases estranged wife onto field during child’s sporting event
- Coca-Cola to discontinue one of its beverages in North America
- Colonial Pipeline says ‘normal operations’ have resumed following ransomware attack
- 19-year-old killed in Freeport shooting, police searching for silver Chrysler