BELVIDERE, Ill. (WTVO) — 33-year-old Jagunath Jackson, of Chicago, was sentenced to 10 years in prison on heroin dealing and stolen weapons charges.
The Boone County State’s Attorney says Jackson pleaded guilty to charges of Possession with Intent to Deliver a Controlled Substance and Possession of a Stolen Firearm on August 7th in Boone County Court.
Jackson was arrested by police in November 2018 at the Belvidere Oasis. A K9 found 24 grams of heroin and a stolen .380 caliber pistol in his car.
- Report: Rockford ranks third in Midwest cities declining in population
- Panera employees leak mac n cheese secrets
- An Illinois retirement program is set to start in November
- Illinois lawmaker calls for the state to bring back the death penalty
- The Red Cross will install free smoke detectors for residents in Machesney Park