BELVIDERE, Ill. (WTVO) — 33-year-old Jagunath Jackson, of Chicago, was sentenced to 10 years in prison on heroin dealing and stolen weapons charges.
The Boone County State’s Attorney says Jackson pleaded guilty to charges of Possession with Intent to Deliver a Controlled Substance and Possession of a Stolen Firearm on August 7th in Boone County Court.
Jackson was arrested by police in November 2018 at the Belvidere Oasis. A K9 found 24 grams of heroin and a stolen .380 caliber pistol in his car.
- Wisconsin governor sends National Guard troops to Milwaukee
- WATCH: The implosion of Dominion Energy’s old HQ
- PHOTOS: Rockford protests in honor of George Floyd
- Summerfield Zoo in Belvidere re-opens to public
- 7-year-old driver, younger brother die in car crash