ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 39-year-old Sergio Puentes was sentenced to spend 22 years in prison for a 2017 home invasion, during which he injured a man and was seen dragging an injured woman.
According to police reports, on September 16th, 2017, Winnebago County Sheriff’s Deputies were called to the 1200 block of Fisher Road in South Beloit for a home invasion, where they found Puentes and a woman standing in the driveway. Deputies say they saw Puentes drag the woman by the arm toward a motorcycle and hit her.
Police say another victim, a male, was found inside the house. During the course of the investigation, officers determined that Puentes had kicked in the door and attacked both people inside the house.
Puentes was found guilty of Home Invasion and Aggravated Battery in October 2018.
- Nystrom, Lutheran enjoy a big night against Mendota
- Rockford area basketball scores for Tuesday, February 18
- Rod Blagojevich speaks at Denver airport prior to flight home
- Billion Dollar Disasters on the Rise as Climate Change Continues
- Historic Freeport Tabernacle to be demolished, city leaders again decide