ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 29-year-old Jarrett Hiatt, of Hanover, is charged with battering two Rockford Police officers and trying to steal an officer’s weapon during his arrest.
Rockford Police say around 9:30 a.m., officers responded to a suspicious person call near Broadway and 11th Street.
While officers were speaking with the Hiatt, police say he fled on foot. The officers pursued the suspect who resisted arrest and attempted to disarm an officer.
Hiatt was taken into custody.
Both officers and the Hiatt were taken to the hospital and treated for minor injuries.
Hiatt was charged with Aggravated Battery to a Police Officer, Attempted Disarming of a Police Officer, Resisting Arrest, and Attempted Obstruction of Identification.
He was also wanted on a warrant out of Jo Daviess County. He was taken to the Winnebago County Jail.
- Blackhawks Reassign Sikura
- Lambeau’s very own tailgating hype band
- A look inside the Lost and Found at Lambeau Field
- Inmate kills convicted child molester, officials say
- 49ers, Packers on verge of Super Bowl return