ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 24-year-old Deondre N. Friar is wanted by Rockford Police for a shooting near a Rockford daycare in which a woman was injured.
Rockford Police say the shooting happened at approximately 4:30 p.m. on July 17th, at the corner of 24th Street and Broadway, near the Tender Beginnings Learning Center.
39-year-old Brooke Brauer was sitting in a vehicle when she was struck by a bullet allegedly fired from a dark colored vehicle that drove past.
Police say she “self transported” to a hospital for treatment of life threatening injuries.
The daycare was evacuated following the shooting.
Friar is wanted on charges of Attempted First Degree Murder, Aggravated Battery with a Firearm, and Aggravated Discharge of a Firearm.
Anyone with information on Friar’s whereabouts is asked to contact Rockford Police or Crimestoppers.
- Medical examiner: George Floyd died of strangulation
- Trump cuts US ties with World Health Organization
- Police, experts condemn knee restraint used on George Floyd
- UW Whitewater plans for return of students to campus this fall
- Pritzker: Trump a ‘racist, misogynist, homophobe’