CALEDONIA, Ill. (WTVO) — A man and woman who allegedly stole a box trailer in Caledonia were arrested after a standoff with police at a Wisconsin home.
According to the Boone County Sheriff’s Department, deputies were called out to a storage business in the 4000 block of Rt. 173 on July 21st for a reported theft.
A trailer and its contents, valued at $30,000, was reported to have been stolen sometime within a 2 week period.
Detectives developed 34-year-old Joseph Shaffer, of Sharon, Wisconsin, and 32-year-old Barbara Winden, of Janesville, Wisconsin, as suspects and tracked them to a residence in Sharon.
Boone County Detectives and Walworth County Sheriff’s officers arrested the two after a brief standoff, police said.
During the investigation, detectives found at least two more trailers which had been stolen from the storage facility.
Both Shaffer and Winden faces a charge of Felony Theft for the initial burglary and charges are pending for the others.
They ware being held in the Walworth County Jail pending extradition to Boone County.
- The Big Ten sets a new nine-game football schedule for teams in 2020
- ‘Let us play!’: Illinois prep players rally for fall sports
- Two people injured after crash near N. Alpine and Pepper Drive
- A strike by hundreds of nurses ended Saturday at University of Illinois Hospital in Chicago.
- Trump’s list of possible Supreme Court nominees