ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Mercyheath is recruiting volunteers for both its Rockton and Riverside campuses.
The hospital is looking for greeters, people who can do patient transport, and pet therapy volunteers.
Recruiter Rosalie England says it’s a rewarding experience for anyone who wants to get involved.
“Our volunteers really enjoy being here,” she said. “They love helping our patients and families, especially. Families, when they come, they’re under a little stress and worried. We kind of take them under our wing and show them around.”
Volunteers are asked to work at least two shifts per month.
Applicants can visit Mercyhealth’s Javon Bea Hospital-Riverside, at 8201 E. Riverside Boulevard, on Wednesday, August 21st between 2:30 p.m. and 4 p.m., in the lower level conference room B3, next to Cafe Merci.
- Vaping industry: Stop blaming us, start blaming illegal e-liquids
- Transgender group’s birth certificate suit advances in Ohio
- WWII veteran wants 100 birthday cards for his 100th birthday
- PHOTOS: Border Wall in San Diego
- Despite border wall, families in two countries unite in Friendship Park