ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Mercyheath is recruiting volunteers for both its Rockton and Riverside campuses.
The hospital is looking for greeters, people who can do patient transport, and pet therapy volunteers.
Recruiter Rosalie England says it’s a rewarding experience for anyone who wants to get involved.
“Our volunteers really enjoy being here,” she said. “They love helping our patients and families, especially. Families, when they come, they’re under a little stress and worried. We kind of take them under our wing and show them around.”
Volunteers are asked to work at least two shifts per month.
Applicants can visit Mercyhealth’s Javon Bea Hospital-Riverside, at 8201 E. Riverside Boulevard, on Wednesday, August 21st between 2:30 p.m. and 4 p.m., in the lower level conference room B3, next to Cafe Merci.
- Trump cuts US ties with World Health Organization
- Police, experts condemn knee restraint used on George Floyd
- UW Whitewater plans for return of students to campus this fall
- LIVE: Gov. Pritzker holds daily Illinois coronavirus briefing for Friday, May 29th
- Fired police officer Derek Chauvin charged with murder in George Floyd’s death