STILLMAN VALLEY, Ill. (WTVO) — The Meridian School District has voted to give substitute teachers a raise.
The Meridian CUSD 223 Board voted Monday to increase substitute teachers’ daily rate to $105, up from $100 which went into effect in 2017.
The school district hopes the move will offset frequent shortages of substitute teachers.
Superintendent Dr. P.J. Caposey said, “Substitute shortages are common across our county and in our region. The Board took a strategic step forward to attempt to attract substitute teachers to select Meridian schools when they may have multiple options on a given day.”
- Protestors, police clash again at Rockford City Market
- Man taken to hospital after motorcycle crash in Rockford
- One person shot at Rockford bar
- Winnebago Co. school administrators address back to school plans
- Overwhelming response to boy’s search for a family, ‘I hope one of y’all pick me’