STILLMAN VALLEY, Ill. (WTVO) — The Meridian School District has voted to give substitute teachers a raise.
The Meridian CUSD 223 Board voted Monday to increase substitute teachers’ daily rate to $105, up from $100 which went into effect in 2017.
The school district hopes the move will offset frequent shortages of substitute teachers.
Superintendent Dr. P.J. Caposey said, “Substitute shortages are common across our county and in our region. The Board took a strategic step forward to attempt to attract substitute teachers to select Meridian schools when they may have multiple options on a given day.”
- Illinois State Police searching for missing teen
- US baseball’s prospects struggle to reach Olympics
- Murray, Djokovic looking forward to playing in 2020 Olympics
- French language coming to Tokyo Olympics?
- IOC’s Bach asked to intervene in Tokyo Olympic labor dispute