DEKALB, Ill. (WTVO) — On Wednesday around 12:30 p.m., police were called to search for a reported missing man in the 15000 block of Barber Green Road in DeKalb.
The DeKalb County Sheriff’s Office was assisted by the Sycamore Police Department along with conservation police and a K9.
Investigators requested help from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security to provide a helicopter to perform an aerial search. The found a man’s body, later identified as 51-year-old Theodore E. Heise from Elgin, in a waterway bank.
Officials say there was no indication of foul play, but the investigation is ongoing.
- Man arrested after abandoned dog seen on video chasing car that left it behind
- Rockford man shot in the hand as he attempted to grab weapon during robbery
- Two women injured after gunmen in Rockford roadway open fire on their vehicle
- Watch: 13-year-old girl wins skateboarding gold
- Rockford man arrested on attempted murder charge for shooting on Forest View Road