ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Starting Monday, Rockford Mass Transit District riders can purchase a ticket using a mobile app.
The app, called “Token Transit”, is free to download. Customers can purchase bus passes on their smartphone with a credit or debit card.
The app will display a digital bus pass on the phone’s screen.
RMTD says using mobile purchasing eliminates contact at the farebox and between operators and passengers.
- Belvidere North runners Lenzen, Elder top finishers at Jefferson meet
- Man who allegedly killed 17-year-old at California high school captured in Centerville, Utah
- ‘I have nothing left’: Sentimental items stolen from 90-year-old man while preparing to evacuate wildfire
- “If it sounds too good to be true”: Fake auto sales rise during pandemic
- ‘Benadryl challenge’: FDA issues alert over dangerous TikTok trend