SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Illinois Department of Public Health today announced 1,187 new confirmed cases of coronavirus in Illinois, including 8 additional confirmed deaths.
- Cook County – 1 male 40s, 1 male 60s, 1 male 70s, 1 female 90s
- DuPage County – 1 male 80s
- Kane County – 1 female 80s
- Will County – 1 male 50s, 1 female 70s
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 156,693 cases, including 7,226 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years.
Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 38,161 specimens for a total of 2,079,601. The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from July 8–July 14 is 3.1%. As of last night, 1,454 people in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 324 patients were in the ICU and 130 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
- U.S. Postal Service to raise some prices over holiday season
- R. Kelly’s manager charged with making threatening call to theater showing ‘Surviving R. Kelly’
- The Norwegian shuts down after staff member tests positive for COVID-19, will reopen next Thursday
- Winnebago County removed from COVID warning list
- Walmart extending closing time to 10 p.m. at most stores