ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Continued concerns surrounding COVID-19 have many voters mailing ballots for the first time this year. Local election officials say the process is running smoothly.
The Winnebago County Clerk says that over 2,000 ballots have been placed in drop boxes within the first two weeks of early voting.
The drop box is located outside the County Administration Building at 404 Elm Street.
Ballots are collected several times each day. Registered voters have until October 29th to request a vote-by-mail ballot.
- VIDEO: Texas man sprays woman with water during Black Lives Matter argument with neighbor
- Man arrested in Oregon sentenced to 60 months in prison for re-entering US after being deported
- Illinois reports highest single-day record with 4,942 new COVID-19 cases Thursday
- Illinois starts planning for COVID-19 vaccine as cases surge
- The final Biden-Trump presidential debate: What to know, how to watch