BELOIT, Wis. (WTVO) — On Saturday around 9:00 p.m., deputies with the Rock County Sheriff’s Office along with the Beloit Fire Department, Orfordville Fire Department, and Brodhead Fire Department were called to the area of W. Carroll Road and W. Brandherm Road off of Wisconsin Hwy 81 for a water rescue.
Officers were informed that two people were struggling in the Sugar River, one clinging to a kayak and the other clinging to a tube. When crews got to the scene, they were able to rescue a male from Loves Park and a female from Lake in the Hills.
The two did not suffer any major injuries. Rock County Dispatch and Winnebego County
Dispatch both assisted in relaying information to the crews.
- A new wave of Black women are leading the fight for the ERA
- Native Americans used horses far earlier than historians had believed
- Newsom creates political organization to oppose GOP policies in red states
- Trans Day of Visibility: Hope amid record-breaking targeting of rights
- The Laundress recalls more products over health risk
For more local news, download the MyStateline app (iOS) or (Android).
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram!