MACHESNEY PARK, Ill. (WTVO) — Multiple fire departments were called to the 200 block of Wilshire Drive around 1p.m on Monday for a large house fire.
The fire started in the garage and spread to the home. Firefighters said two children who live across the street banged on the front door to alert the resident to the fire.
The resident is said to be okay.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Slim Jim jerky recipe creator Lon Adams dies of COVID-19
- LIVE: Winnebago County officials give weekly coronavirus update for Wednesday, December 2nd
- Top dog, cat names of 2020 include coronavirus-related monikers
- Police searching for motorist who killed cat by throwing it out of Jeep into busy Oklahoma intersection
- Pritzker pays tribute to healthcare workers as Illinois records highest single day COVID-19 death total