ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A crash involving multiple cars backed up traffic on IL route 2 and Gold River Avenue on Wednesday afternoon.
Around 4:45 p.m., a witness said a GMC was turning left onto Gold River Avenue when the driver of a red Focus rear ended the car, pushing it into oncoming traffic, where it was hit head-on by another car.
Blackhawk Fire Protection District Chief Jonathan Trail said four people were taken to area hospitals, three with minor injuries and one with a more “serious” injury.
- IceHogs Drop Final Game Before All-Star Break
- Multiple fire crews respond to Village of Winnebago house fire
- Bill Murray returns to Woodstock 28 years after filming “Groundhog Day”, shoots Jeep commercial
- Mid-town Gyro House now open
- Fire on Gregory St. causes $5,000 in damages