ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A crash involving multiple cars backed up traffic on IL route 2 and Gold River Avenue on Wednesday afternoon.
Around 4:45 p.m., a witness said a GMC was turning left onto Gold River Avenue when the driver of a red Focus rear ended the car, pushing it into oncoming traffic, where it was hit head-on by another car.
Blackhawk Fire Protection District Chief Jonathan Trail said four people were taken to area hospitals, three with minor injuries and one with a more “serious” injury.
- LIVE: Lightfoot announces ‘business curfew’ in Chicago as COVID-19 cases rise
- VIDEO: Texas man sprays woman with water during Black Lives Matter argument with neighbor
- Man arrested in Oregon sentenced to 60 months in prison for re-entering US after being deported
- Illinois reports highest single-day record with 4,942 new COVID-19 cases Thursday
- Illinois starts planning for COVID-19 vaccine as cases surge