ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Keith Creek Neighborhood Association is collecting supplies this week to send to Afghanistan, to support former Alderman John Logemann.
The group is asking for donations like baby wipes, hand sanitizer, beef jerky, and other items to fill care packages.
Logemann and his unit were deployed to the Middle East earlier this year.
His former constituents want to make sure he and his troops know their sacrifice is appreciated.
“Alderman Logemann has been our alderman and he’s always been very active and involved in our neighborhood,” said Kathy Lupton, President of the Keith Creek Neighborhood Association. “We just want to show support to him and his troops over in Afghanistan, especially with the holidays coming up.”
Items listed below will be collected at the association’s Thursday meeting at Redeemer Church, at 16th Street and 8th Avenue, at 6:30 p.m.
- Quenneville Strikes Twice as Hogs Sweep Season Series Against Marlies
- Light Snow Expected Sunday Night, Heaviest Remains South
- Jones scores twice, Packers complete season sweep of Bears
- Forward Hakkarainen Reassigned To Rockford
- John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John reunite as characters from ‘Grease’