ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Keith Creek Neighborhood Association is collecting supplies this week to send to Afghanistan, to support former Alderman John Logemann.
The group is asking for donations like baby wipes, hand sanitizer, beef jerky, and other items to fill care packages.
Logemann and his unit were deployed to the Middle East earlier this year.
His former constituents want to make sure he and his troops know their sacrifice is appreciated.
“Alderman Logemann has been our alderman and he’s always been very active and involved in our neighborhood,” said Kathy Lupton, President of the Keith Creek Neighborhood Association. “We just want to show support to him and his troops over in Afghanistan, especially with the holidays coming up.”
Items listed below will be collected at the association’s Thursday meeting at Redeemer Church, at 16th Street and 8th Avenue, at 6:30 p.m.
- Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Rockford holding hiring event this weekend
- VIDEO: Reporter accidentally goes live with face filters turned on
- Get ready to ‘Spring Forward’ on March 8, 2020
- 7-year-old girl dies one minute into surgery to get her tonsils removed
- Rockford woman fights off attacker, police investigating