ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Dixon High School will be getting a new School Resource Officer as Officer Mark Dallas retires from the position.
Chris Scott, an 11 year law enforcement veteran, has been picked to take over the reigns.
Scott joined the Dixon Police Department in 2017, and says he’s excited to build relationships with the students.
“It’s going to be a great opportunity, to really mentor some kids and bridge that gap between the police department and the youth in the community,” he said. “So, I hope to make a big impact on some of their lives there.”
Dixon students return to school on Monday.
Officer Dallas has not set an official retirement date yet.
- Illinois to spend $4.1 million to halt opioid deaths
- Harlem School District residents could get property tax relief thanks to state grant
- Rick Ciganek sworn in as Winnebago County’s Chief Deputy
- NTSB holds press conference on crash that killed Kobe Bryant
- Choice Furniture at CherryVale Mall set to close in March