ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Dixon High School will be getting a new School Resource Officer as Officer Mark Dallas retires from the position.
Chris Scott, an 11 year law enforcement veteran, has been picked to take over the reigns.
Scott joined the Dixon Police Department in 2017, and says he’s excited to build relationships with the students.
“It’s going to be a great opportunity, to really mentor some kids and bridge that gap between the police department and the youth in the community,” he said. “So, I hope to make a big impact on some of their lives there.”
Dixon students return to school on Monday.
Officer Dallas has not set an official retirement date yet.
- Rockford moms join the nationwide effort to stop gun violence
- Trump dismisses worries of recession, says economy is strong
- Buchanan Street Stroll, Belvidere’s new street fest
- Polish Fest keeps residents connected to their roots
- DIYers put skills to test in Anything That Floats Race