CHICAGO, Ill. (WCIA) — Illinois’ newest member of Congress is facing widespread public backlash after quoting Nazi dictator Adolf Hitler at a political rally in front of the U.S. Capitol Building on Wednesday.
Governor J.B. Pritzker, who is Jewish, minced no words when he condemned U.S. Rep. Mary Miller for saying that Nazi dictator Adolf Hitler got “one thing” right.
“Let me be clear: Hitler got nothing right,” Pritzker said during a COVID-19 press update. “This reprehensible rhetoric has no place in our politics.”
The remark is a paraphrase of a statement the former Führer delivered during a Nazi party rally in 1935: “He alone who owns the youth gains the future.”
- Democrats elect Rep. Robin Kelly to run state party operation
- President Biden’s COVID aid package meets divided Senate
- Friends dance in hospital parking lot for Rockford woman on last day of chemotherapy
- SUV in California crash where 13 died came through hole in border fence
- Illinois bill aimed at ending ‘puppy mills’ could shutter pet stores