SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WTVO) — Gov. J.B. Pritzker signed a new executive order on Friday, one of which changes the hiring requirements for the Illinois State Police.
Starting today, candidates need only an Associate’s Degree, or 60 class hours, to join the police academy.
Previously, candidates needed to possess a Bachelor’s Degree.
Pritzker says the move helps diversify the applicant pool.
- Light Wintry Mix Possible Overnight Monday, into Tuesday Morning
- Local art students learn best ways to prepare for college
- Transform Rockford begins its holiday book drive
- Rockford communities looking to bring Christmas joy to children everywhere
- Mötley Crüe announces reunion, blows up ‘cessation of touring agreement’ in video