ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Winnebago County Sheriff’s Deputies dontated $2,000 to the Nikolas Rischel Foundation on Friday.
The group operates like the Make-A-Wish Foundation, by providing a Nik’s Wish grant to young adults between 18 and 24-years-old who are battling diseases like cancer.
Nik’s mom, Kelli, created the foundation and says the donation will go a long way.
“This is half a wish for us. We’re talking wishes here. We live and die by donations and sponsorship from businesses and philanthropy. This kind of thing is what keeps us going and keeps those wishes going,” she said.
Kelli says the foundation is working on granting nearly two dozen wishes right now.
To fill out a Nik’s Wish request form, click here.
- Swedes Caring Canines head gets puppy parade retirement farewell
- Health experts warn of effectiveness of COVID-19 antibody testing
- Musician Miles Nielsen hosting fundraiser for Rockford domestic violence shelter
- John Deere Classic in the Quad Cities is canceled
- Looser restrictions will lead to more opportunities for local golfers