ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The deadline is almost here to nominate a teacher for this year’s Golden Apple Award.
This year’s deadline is at 11:59pm Monday, Oct. 21st. This year, the awards will be focused on elementary educators.
Anyone can nominate a Pre K through 5th grade classroom teacher who is currently a teacher for a group of students in a public or private school in Winnebago or Boone County.
“We all know somebody who touched our lives when we were in school, a teacher who made a significant impact, a difference for us,” said Michelle Gorham, President of the Golden Apple Foundation. “And we know there are hundreds of teachers throughout Boone and Winnebago County who are making that difference, right now, in the classroom, and this little golden apple is…our way of thanking them and recognizing them.”
The Foundation will announced the five Golden Apple Award winners this Spring.
Teachers can be nominated using this online form.
- “We look the exact same!” 5-year-olds wear matching outfits for Twin Day at school
- Tom Hanks just found out he’s related to Mister Rogers
- 20-year-old male transported to hospital after being shot Tuesday night
- Locally Dense Fog Developing Tuesday Evening
- Midweek Warm-Up Comes with Heavy Rainfall